Not only destroy the future of the younger generation, not infrequently fatal drug users. In the UK, recently reportedly died of a heroin user. Not because of an overdose, but due to a mixed infection of anthrax drug.
This middle-aged man found dead in Glasgow’s heroin contaminated with blood. In the heroin was discovered anthrax bacteria were allegedly responsible for his death.
“This is an isolated case in Glasgow and there have been other sporadic cases in the UK and Europe in recent months,” said Public Health consultant, Dr Syed Ahmed
The case is not the first time. UK Health Protection Agency or the Health Protection Agency confirmed there are cases of deaths due to anthrax-infected heroin use in Suffolk in December last year 2012.
A victim named Claire Skelton (42 years) origin of Rochester died at King’s College Hospital, London for anthrax infection from injecting drug use.
“We’re working with other services and colleagues to be aware of any possible cases, particularly among injecting drug users,” said Dr. Ahmed.
Anthrax is caused by a bacterial infection and most commonly affects herbivorous mammals. Several other animal and bird species can also be infected with this deadly bacteria. Drug users infected with bacteria when using drugs contaminated anthrax spores.
These spores are very rarely spreads from person to person and can not be transmitted through the air. Symptoms include itching, acne-turned swollen and widespread. If left untreated, the infection can spread and cause blood poisoning. It took a week of the start of symptoms that lead to infection.